Property Rights : Can you and your children lose legal right to inherit a property?

If you convert to another religion

If you convert to another religion, then you and your children may lose the legal right to inherit the assets held by your family. Dinesh Pednekar, Partner, Economic Laws Practice says, “Under the Hindu Succession Act, if an individual converts to another religion, then his/her children born after conversion will lose right of succession to property of any of their Hindu relatives.”

Source link